Monday, April 1, 2013

Elvish War fight against the Light and Dark

This is my first post on this blog dedicated to fairy tales and magical type books. Please leave a comment about my blog. And of course with all my post the review will have some spoilers if you have not read the book. 

Lark by Erica Cope

The last time she confirmed, Mia Carrington was pretty sure that she was a normal girl with a completely regular life. She goes to high school, has a crush on the stunning and mystifying new boy in town named Grey, and has weird dreams that she can’t help but feel are real somehow, maybe she’s not all that normal after all.

A freak catastrophe changes Mia’s life forever when she is thrown into another world and left to deal with the revelation that she is the daughter of the King of the Light Elves. Throw in an menacing prophecy predicting that Mia will break a curse unleashing the Dark Elves on the world and well, things don’t look too good.

There is danger lurking at every corner in this strange world and Mia isn’t sure whom she can trust and the only thing she is certain of is that the Dark Elves know about her, and they will stop at nothing until they have her.

I enjoyed this book I love fairy tales and stories about magic and mythical characters. This was a lovely story about a girl who finds out who she really is and she falls in love and I love who she ends up with. Greyson was a nice sweet guy but the way it played out him knowing her whole life and being so much older than her was a bit much Mia needs someone like Jacoby more her own age, is a half-blood, has the same magical affinity and he gives her the nickname Lark. I have read other books like this where the girl does choose the older guy like in vampire books and some books about fairies and that usually creeps me out I can't even image being attracted to a guy who looks my age but is hundred years old. 

Mia has to go through a lot of challenges in a short period of time after she learned she was part Elf. She had to learn how to use her healing spirit power and find out what the prophecy meant and try to defeat the Dark Elf King Dugan with the help of Jacoby. Mia is a good character and I can't wait to read the next book to find out what happens to all of the characters. I hope we don't have to wait too long.


No comments:

Post a Comment